Feb 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

I totally forgot it was Chinese New Year today until someone came up to me at work and said, "Happy New Year!" I was like, wtf??! Then I realized I was supposed to know it's CNY. Duh. It's the Year of the Rabbit which is ME.

According to this article about Rabbits, some of my characteristics are, "keen, wise, fashionable, kind, mysterious, affectionate and cuddly. You enjoy being the center of attention but only on occasion." 


On occasion?! What! Just kidding. If you don't know what animal you are, here's a handy chart to solve the oriental mystery of animal zodiacs. Oooooooo.
I think it's quite fortuitous that Nurse Bettie Thursday Nights are back tonight - ON Chinese New Year! Some of the things I grew up believing about today is that you are supposed to wear red to bring luck or whatever good things to you, get your hair cut to start afresh, and eat noodles cause noodles symbolize long life. But I eat noodles almost every other day anyway so I must live forever!

1 comment: