Mar 8, 2010

Rebecca

The other day I googled an ex-boyfriend from college. I was with him for 4 years, when really it should have just been 2 years. But I was young and didn't know any better and it was college so it dragged on much longer than it should have. I blame my own cowardice for not breaking up sooner and dragging him on. Anyway, so I googled him because boredom at work leads to googling ex-boyfriends. Just kidding. I am generally not curious about exes. I have no interest in the past and what they are up to now. I have self-imposed amnesia.

There wasn't too much about him online. But the one thing that showed up is his very recent wedding registry. And his bride-to-be is a friend of mine from college! I was surprised that they ended up together, but also not surprised. I always thought he liked her or at least thought she was "cute" - believe me, women know these things even if we act like we don't care or know. It all made sense now. Why her Facebook page had so limited information and pictures. Why she un-Facebook friended me. It wasn't like we were best friends or anything, we were closer in college, but I didn't really stay in touch with her so it's not like I'm devastated or anything. It's barely a blip on my radar, perhaps a good story to blog about. Like what I'm doing now.

It did make me feel better that he found someone else. The breakup was a big snotty-covered mess. On his part. Emotionally I had fallen out of love with him years ago but never did anything about it. He thought we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. etc etc. I find it curious that she has cut off connections from me, and didn't tell me that she and him found each other when we first re-connected via Facebook a couple years ago. Did she think I would care or think it was a betrayal of a friendship that was threadbare to begin with? Maybe she felt like she was living under my shadow and rather just ignore the past? (She is also Chinese). Maybe he put a kibosh on any connection or knowledge of my existence which is most likely the case.

Like Rebecca, I linger like a scent. "And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like having the moment all over again."

Mwa Ha ha!!!

Tonight, Dim Sum Burlesque is going to Public Assembly!! I am SO excited to work a bigger room on a real proper stage! I have 13 acts that's a hella lot with Gigi Lafemme, Lil Steph, Dame Cuchifrita, Broadway Brassy will do songs with Michael on guitar, and myself. Chow Bar is also selling spicy korean noodles for $5-7. Booze, boobs, and food - how can tonight be the opposite of fun??? Doors at 9 pm, show at 10 pm. $10 cover!

No comments:

Post a Comment