Apr 14, 2013

Mei Ling Burlesque Tribute - Photo Set

You may know about my burlesque tribute act to Mei Ling as shown at the end of this post. There are quite a few "Mei Lings" out there but this one is the one I've developed a tribute act to. I guess "Mei Ling" was a popular name for "oriental" exotic dancers in the 1940s! Not much is known about my Mei Ling other than that she signed her autograph with a knowing humour, "orientally yours".
Here are a couple of black and white portraits that I couldn't post on Facebook along with the rest of the series showing full costume. The video clip of my act can also be seen at the end of this post.



Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography






Copyright ©2013 Mike Webb Photography




The Original Mei Ling!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Calamity! Just saw these. Really, really cool! Nice to see all the details on your costume. The headdress is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete